Diabetes patients of 20+ years are at high risk of Diabetic Retinopathy, whichcauses widespread retinal damage that may eventually lead to blindness. This diagram shows some of the symptoms that can develop over the course of this systematic disease.
Routine eye exams for children need to be started early. The reason is that vision problems can begin early in some children, and the proper treatment needs to be sought right away. Without it, your child could have problems reading books and seeing the blackboard in the classroom.
There are numerous aspects of eye health we check for, including:
- Ability to see colors
- Focusing abilities
- Overall eyelid health
- Range of vision
- Lazy eye
Even if no symptoms are readily apparent in your child, it is still a good idea to schedule an exam to be certain nothing harmful is developing. Call us at 619-422-5361 in order to schedule a time to bring your youngster to the Chula Vista Vision Care Center. For the health of your eyes as well as the rest of your body, find a center for vision care in Chula Vista and schedule your appointment today http://www.chulavistaelcajonoptometry.com/common-eye-problems-2
If you, like millions of other people across the face of the planet, have to deal with nearsightedness on a daily basis, don’t despair – there are ways to manage and treat this vision problem that can help you make it through your day without a struggle. As medical technology has advanced, more options have become available to nearsighted people across the earth. Restore your seeing by choosing between options like:
- Glasses, the most traditional and oftentimes cheapest option. Not only can this help a nearsighted person see far away, but also adds an extra dash of style to any ensemble.
- Contacts. These miraculous lenses have been around for decades, and have advanced over the years to embrace the needs of practically everyone. Whether you need daily replacements, hard lenses or lenses that deal with astigmatism, you’re sure to find the right pair.
- Refractive surgery, the latest and greatest method of nearsightedness treatment. This typically comes in two different forms: PRK and LASIK. Each procedure is different, and may have different impacts on your eyes, so speaking with your eye doctor about the procedure before making a final decision is a must.
These are all great and reliable ways to treat nearsightedness. To learn more about nearsighted treatment in El Cajon, visit this website.
Most ophthalmologists learned that glaucoma is a disease of elevated IOP. There is a good possibility it is something…Read more
For many, developing bad eyesight is just a part of the aging process, or just comes naturally. However, when it comes to getting glasses or contact lenses to remedy these situations, it’s imperative to remember that there are different types of vision issues, namely nearsightedness and farsightedness. Farsighted seeing is defined as having the easy ability of seeing things in the distance, but struggling to focus on things placed closer to the eyes. You may have this condition if:
- You commonly experience tension headaches. While these have a potential litany of causes, one of them could be your eyes straining to make out nearby objects.
- You often feel fatigued.
- You have a difficult time focusing on things in the forefront of your field of vision. Most people notice this when trying to read.
- You have sore or burning eyes. This is another side effect of the strain you put on your eyes while trying to focus on nearby items of interest.
- Headaches that result after reading or performing similar tasks that require your eyes to focus on close-up material for extended periods of time.
If you’ve experienced any of these issues, it may be time to see an eye doctor about your potential condition. Visit this website to learn more about farsighted treatment in Chula Vista and get your eyes back in shape as soon as possible.
If you’re one of the millions of people cursed with poor eyesight, LASIK surgery is perhaps one of the biggest blessings on the face of the earth. This is a process in which your eyesight can be surgically enhanced by professional surgeons. While this is certainly a beneficial option for many, it’s not all fun and games. There are a few things you should expect when before, during and after undergoing this process:
- If you wear contact lenses of any sort, expect to stop wearing them for a substantial period of time before the surgery, and possibly even before your baseline assessment. This helps to prepare your eyes for the coming procedure.
- Expect a speedy procedure. Typically, LASIK surgery lasts for a total of around thirty minutes, This means you won’t need to plan on an extended stay in the institution in question in most cases.
- Expect to spend a lot of time at the doctor’s office. You should definitely see a healthcare professional within 48 hours of having the procedure performed, and should discuss seeing them at regular intervals during the following 6 months as well.
These are some of the basic issues you should expect when planning, undergoing and recovering from the LASIK procedure. To learn more about LASIK surgery in La Mesa, visit this website.